General Instruction on the Usage of Bridgestone / Firestone / Dayton Tires
Right way to use the Tires
1. The type, structure and size of tires must be suitable for type of vehicle, conditions of use, road-surface conditions and also conform to vehicle manufacturer’s instructions, for example, do not apply passenger tires with light trucks or vans, etc.
2. Load capacity of each tire position shall not exceed the tire load index.
3. For safety use, the speed should not exceed the maximum speed limit of tire.
4. To extend tire life, tires should be rotate regularly.
5. In case of new tires, tires should be run-in by driving at a speed not exceeding 60 km/hr for at least 200 km or driving at a speed with not exceeding 50 km/hr for at least 300 km before using.
6. Do not use tires that have worn down to the specified point (TREADWEAR INDICATOR).
Mixing of Tires
The mixed application of different tire types and/or tire sizes on the same axle can adversely affect driving performance, including stability and braking because of the differences in tire performance, and tire deformation.
Tire Inflation Pressure
1. Most tire troubles are caused by incorrect inflation pressure which adversely affects the driving performance and tire life; therefore, the tires should be inflated to meet the required standards.
2. For safety and getting correct tire inflation pressure, you should adjust the tire pressure at normal temperature.
3. In case of long-distance driving and driving at high speeds, tire inflation pressure should be increased 3-5 pounds/square inch over the manufacturer’s recommend pressure. To prevent overheating caused by the deformation of tire carcass.
4. Be careful when you are inflating your tire to avoid risks or danger that may arise during tire inflation.
5. Always check tire inflation pressure, tire pressure leakage and ensure that valve cap is closed tightly.
6. Instructions for tire inflation as specified by vehicle’s manufacturer is indicated near the doors of the vehicle, inside vehicle’s fuel door and/or vehicle’s user manual.
1. When replacing tires, it is advisable to select tires based on the size, maximum load capacity and speed of the original tires assembled from vehicle’s manufacturer.
2. Always check tires for any irregularities, damages including other objects before assembling.
3. To assure that tire is properly mounted, the distance between rim line and rim flange should be uniform around circumference of the rim.
4. In case of tubeless tires, the valve, valve seal and valve core of such tire should be replaced every time when replacing a new tire.
5. In case of changing to a different tire type or size, please take precautions while driving.
To maintain qualities of unused tires, you should comply with the following items;
1. Avoid any exposure that may harm to the tire, such as nails, sharp objects, petroleum products or any chemicals.
2. Prevent water or other objects entering into the tires.
3. Avoid storing at the location with direct sunlight.
4. Keep tires away from heat or sparks.
5. Categorize types of tires explicitly, stand the tires upright and well-lit. If you must stack, try to comply with the specified criteria.
1. The rim diameter must be matched with tire size.
2. Avoid driving at under-inflation pressure.
3. Reduce your speed and drive with caution on wet, obstructed or rough roads.
4. Tires should be inspected regularly.
5. In the event that the tire is damaged, you should consult with a professional before using.
6. In the case of parking for a long time without moving, it may cause adversely affect to the tire carcass. Thus, you should check your tire thoroughly before using.
7. Avoid driving, accelerating, turning or stopping immediately because it may cause damages to the tires.
8. Regularly check the tire inflation pressure of the spare tire.
9. While driving, if you feel that the steering wheel vibrates, or notice any abnormal sound, vibration, or other abnormalities. You should stop the car in a safe place as soon as possible and check your vehicle whether it has any deformation of tire or other abnormalities. Then, you should take your car to a professional for checking such abnormalities.
* Details as shown in this instruction may be changed without prior notice.