[Bangkok] (August 8, 2023) - Bridgestone introduced 7 new sizes of “BRIDGESTONE ALENZA 001” tire, specially designed for premium crossovers ranging from 16 to 19 inches. Adding these sizes aims to cater to a broader customer base seeking improved driving performance. Bridgestone organized the exclusive "BRIDGESTONE ALENZA 001 Test Drive Experience" event at Thai Bridgestone Proving Ground in Wang Noi, Ayutthaya, from August 7 to 9, 2023, to showcase the tire's exceptional features. Led by Mr. Keiji Chuma, Managing Director of Bridgestone Sales (Thailand) Co., Ltd., the event invited dealers, COCKPIT members, and the media. Guests at the event had the opportunity to experience the tire's superior performance, emphasizing its advancements that enhance driving pleasure and inspire confidence across various road terrains. BRIDGESTONE ALENZA 001 tires embody the concept of being "Crafted for Destinations", ensuring safe journeys to any destination. The event showcased Bridgestone's commitment to innovation and dedication to providing exceptional and superior driving experiences for crossover enthusiasts.
The five test stations showed the features of BRIDGESTONE ALENZA 001, which included:
1) Emergency Lane Change Test Station which demonstrated the tire grip, steering response, maneuverability, and safety during an emergency lane change with Multi-Round Block technology.
2) Slalom Driving Test Station showed the tire grip during radical transitions in a vehicle’s travelling direction. It also demonstrated its ability to respond to steering inputs with Multi-Round Block technology.
3) Cornering Test Station showed the efficiency of tire noise reduction with Slit Silencer technology.
4) Wet Handling Performance Test Station showed the tire’s ability to retain surefooted grip on wet road surfaces with Multi-Round Block and Nano Pro-tech technologies. It also showed water evacuation of the tire so that contact with the road is always maintained.
5) Gymkhana Test Station provided guests with fun and an exciting driving experience as they drove through obstacles designed to demonstrate the tire’s superior overall performance.
BRIDGESTONE ALENZA 001’s advanced features include:
1) Multi-Round Block (MRB) Structure designed to give instant steering response, straight line stability, excellent dry performance and enhanced wet performance. This is achieved by an optimally rounded rib edge which raises the tires’ contact pressure. Rounding the tire block’s end also prevents the tire edges from curving inwards while braking, providing for a flat contact patch with the road. This results in high-level braking performance.
2) Nano Pro-Tech™ is nanotechnology that is exclusive to Bridgestone. Harnessing nanotechnology to control rubber structure at the microscopic level, the special rubber formula with high-quality silica results in a strong rubber molecule that reduces energy loss. This translates to superior fuel efficiency, safety, and endurance.
3) Slit Silencer is the sipes arranged at the appropriate angle which helps remove air from the main tire groove. This reduces driving noise, resulting in a quieter cabin.
Mr. Keiji Chuma, Managing Director of Bridgestone Sales (Thailand) Co., Ltd., said, “We are thrilled to introduce the new sizes of BRIDGESTONE ALENZA 001 with 7 sizes, ranging from 16 to 19-inch rims regarding the growth market of premium crossovers in Thailand. BRIDGESTONE ALENZA 001 is much more than just a tire; it represents our commitment to delivering unparalleled comfort and superior performance to drivers of premium crossovers in Thailand, also demonstrates our approach to serve the wide range of customer’s needs and mobility trends now and in the future. We firmly believe that this premium tire will elevate your driving experience and provide safety through your destinations. We aim not only to introduce BRIDGESTONE ALENZA 001 but also to showcase the tire’s abilities, we have prepared an exciting test drive at five different stations. It's an opportunity for our guests to witness firsthand the extraordinary performance and features.”